Английская Википедия:Belyea's Point Light
Шаблон:Short description Шаблон:Infobox lighthouse
Belyea's Point Lighthouse is an Шаблон:Convert-tall landfall lighthouse located along the Saint John River, near the community of Morrisdale. It was built in 1881, commenced operation on June 1, 1882, with Spafford Barker Belyea serving as its first keeper and later rebuilt at a slightly different location after having been damaged due to severe flooding in the 1930s. The Canadian Coast Guard owns the lighthouse, the land it is on, and maintains it.
The light's characteristic is a single green flash that occurs every five seconds, emitted at a focal plane height of Шаблон:Convert.
The lighthouse is named for its original keeper, "Spafford Barker Belyea" and the area's original United Empire Loyalist settler, "Hendrick Belyea".
Because the region is susceptible to spring flooding, the lighthouse frequently gives the impression of being afloat in the river until the water subsides.[1]
See also
References
External links
- Aids to Navigation Canadian Coast Guard
- Шаблон:Cite rowlett
Шаблон:Portal bar Шаблон:Lighthouses of Canada
Шаблон:NewBrunswick-lighthouse-stub
- Английская Википедия
- Lighthouses completed in 1881
- Lighthouses in New Brunswick
- Buildings and structures in Kings County, New Brunswick
- 1881 establishments in Canada
- Страницы, где используется шаблон "Навигационная таблица/Телепорт"
- Страницы с телепортом
- Википедия
- Статья из Википедии
- Статья из Английской Википедии